Fans of the popular sniper game, Sniper Elite 5, will be thrilled to hear that Season 2 is coming soon. To celebrate the announcement, developer Rebellion has dropped some free DLC to keep players engaged in the meantime.
The first DLC is the No-Cross Map Landing Zone. This map revisits the dramatic setting of Landing Zone, but with a unique twist. Instead of the central No-Cross map divide, the map features a circular divide, restricting one team to the central part of the village while the opposition surrounds them on all sides. Additionally, new vantage points have been added to the map, providing more opportunities for sniping.
Another free DLC is the Winter Weapons Skin Pack. Players can now decorate their weapon collection with icy skins, allowing them to dispatch their foes in cold style.
While no exact release date has been announced for Season 2, Rebellion has revealed that it will include 2 campaign missions, 6 weapon packs, 2 weapon skin packs, 4 character skins, and several free multiplayer maps. They also teased that there will be a brand new weapon and map reveal in their upcoming Community update.
In addition to the new content, Rebellion has also released the complete soundtrack for Sniper Elite 5. Written and produced by composer Mark Rutherford, the soundtrack features performances from The Bratislava Philharmonic Orchestra & Choir and is available on various music streaming platforms.
Full patch notes
- Stationary trucks are no longer being pulled away from their fixed locations unexpectedly in Mission 1, 3 and 10.
- Occupied Residence – Player will no longer glitch or get stuck walking up the stairs from the garden towards the chateau.
- Festung Guernsey – User will no longer die if they get close to the debris of the blown up Sub Pen.
- DLC Weapons – Drilling – Dropping ammo now shows the correct prompts for SMG player and vice versa.
- Conqueror – Player is no longer able to clip through the wall in the Castle Courtyard area or walk over the climbable edge.
- Conqueror – Castle Courtyard – Player character no longer gets stuck behind the hedgehog in the Castle Courtyard area while sprinting through the wall present near the burning barrel and AA gun.
- Conqueror – Castle – AI will no longer get stuck inside the metal cylinder located in at the north side of Castle Courtyard 2.
- Conqueror – Players can no longer walk-through the dilapidated walls located outside.
- Multiplayer – Alpine Resort – Players can no longer get stuck walking on the spot behind the pile of logs.
- Multiplayer – Players no longer get error message “Could not establish a connection to online services. (11400)” when attempting to access any multiplayer feature.
- Survival – ‘Shoot for the Moon’ medal now tracks progression correctly after completing the 12 waves of the ‘Amongst the Rubble’ DLC map.
- Survival – Amongst the Rubble – Armoured car no longer gets stuck in a wall at the end of Wave 6 of Operation 1.
- Survival – Pest Control – Stables – Player is no longer able to run up collision to get stuck out of bounds.